Community Engagement subcommittee has the following objectives:
- To lead community outreach, relationship building and communications with community members, agencies, and small businesses in Parkdale
- To promote civic and food education and capacity-building workshops in partnership with PFN member agencies
- To initiate and coordinate campaign and advocacy work related to food insecurity and policy issues in Parkdale
- To work with media (both mainstream and local) to convey messages and activities
For example, we organized three workshops on civic literacy and food insecurity in partnership with Maytree Foundation’s Building Blocks.
2. Greenest City
3. Parkdale Community Health Centre
Currently, the group is working on a local campaign to raise awareness of food insecurity challenges facing Parkdale community members by engaging politicians in the conversations.